Regular userNew users start as regular users. Regular users are able to edit most entries, rate songs and albums, post comments and more. Most of the features on the site are available for all users from the beginning.
Trusted userOnce we have seen that a user knows and respects the basic rules on the site and that they're likely going to stay longer than a few days, we eventually promote them to trusted. You can read this blog post and this wiki page for more about the trusted user status.
In addition to regular user features, trusted users have access to the following:
- Deleting any entry (not just the ones they created).
- Merging an entry.
- Creating and editing "featured songlists".
- Managing entry reports.
- Approving entries and editing approved entries.
ModeratorModerators are users who have proven to be especially reliable, being able to advise others as well as keep an eye out for any suspicious behavior.
In addition to trusted user features, moderators have access to the following:
- Promoting users from regular to trusted.
- Disabling misbehaving user accounts.
- Preventing spammers from accessing the site.
- Locking an entry.
Also see moderation guidelines.