General guidelines for TouhouDB
Note: these guidelines are suggestions at this phase
- Music producer: artists that regularly compose or arrange music. When multiple roles apply, this type takes preference over everything else.
- Vocalist: artists that regularly provide vocals.
- Illustrator: artists who create illustrations.
- Lyricist: artists who write lyrics.
- Circle: groups of people who publish their own albums, usually at events such as Comiket and Reitaisai.
- Label: commercial companies that publish albums for others but generally don't take part in song creation themselves.
- Other group: for all other groups of people, including more conventional bands.
- Other individual: for individuals who participate in other ways. Most commonly this means instrumentalists.
Note: when multiple roles apply, use the most common role, except for music producer, which usually takes higher preference.
- Original album: music albums with only original songs. This mainly consists of official music albums by ZUN/Team Shanghai Alice.
- Game: for Touhou games.
- Fanmade/doujin: music albums with arrangements of Touhou songs, either on-vocal or off-vocal.
- Off-vocal albums should be tagged with the instrumental tag.
- Other: for all other albums.
- Original song: songs that are not derivatives. This includes original songs from games (by ZUN), and original songs on doujin albums (those that are not based on any Touhou song).
- Arrangement: modified songs based on Touhou originals. These may be either on-vocal or off-vocal.
- For off-vocal songs, the instrumental tag is optional.
- Instrumental: instrumental versions of original songs or arrangements. Instrumental should be identical to the parent version of the song, except for lacking vocals.
- Music PV: for music videos that are significant enough to have their own entry.
- Drama PV: for videos without music.
- Other: for everything else.