Notes for trusted users
Trusted user is someone who has been given access to full editing functionality on VocaDB, such as deleting or merging entries.
We expect you to know the basic guidelines on VocaDB, and most importantly, ask the other members if you're unsure of something.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Before merging entries, keep in mind that undoing a merge, especially merging artist entries, can be a lot of work, so please make sure the entries really need to be merged.
- Being a trusted user doesn't mean that you're above others. Please try to listen to advice given by other members, especially those who have been on the site longer than you.
- Avoid assuming things without proof or reference. VocaDB is intended to be a reliable source of information. When working on a database/encyclopedia it's better to be safe than sorry. If you have to assume, at least make it clear that there is no reference.
- Avoid fights or personal insults in the public entry comment sections. Personal arguments are to be resolved elsewhere.
- Communicate! If you're unsure, post a question in the comments. If you find something to be improved, or disagree with our rules, post your opinion in the comments (but avoid unnecessary, pointless arguing). Note that ignoring others, (especially staff members), doesn't work in the long run. If you're being harassed, message a staff member.