NoteWe are currently not looking for translating VocaDB into additional languages with the exception of Korean.
Updates to the existing translations, especially Japanese and Chinese are very welcome.
OverviewMain parts of the VocaDB user interface are translatable. This guide is for you If you wish to help translating the interface into your language.
Sorry, at the moment there's some manual work involved, and you need some technical expertise. Please contact me if you need help.
Editing the resource files
Note that you only need to care about the files ending with ".resx" and no other dots in the name. For example AlbumCollectionStatusNames.resx, you don't need AlbumCollectionStatusNames.fi.resx or AlbumCollectionStatusNames.Designer.cs.
Editing the files can be done in one of two possible ways.
Forking the repository on Github (preferred)
- Fork the repository on Github.
- Clone the repository to your PC.
- Copy the original resource file and name it with the culture-specific suffix.
- For example, AlbumCollectionStatusNames.resx for German would be named AlbumCollectionStatusNames.de.resx.
- Commit your changes and send a pull request to the original repository.