Adding and editing songs on UtaiteDB
There are no specific restrictions (such as view count or MyList numbers) before a cover song entry can be added to the database, but entries for unfinished or partial recordings (commonly found on TmBox and SoundCloud) are highly discouraged. Staff members have the right to remove these types of entries at their own discretion.
In the case of a remix or cover (which will apply to a majority of the songs in the database), there should be at least one utaite and music producer (either the original producer and/or arranger) listed. If the cover uses material different from the original video, such as new art/video made especially for the cover, make sure to include artists for those, as well. Mixers and encoders, while not crucial information, should be added if possible.
If the original is a VOCALOID/UTAU song, add the original song to the database and link the derived version to that original. Remember to include other artists such illustrators, animators, mixers, encoders, and instrumentalists when creating the entry.
[more information to be added...]
Support status has a number of effects:
- Artists with the support status never appear in the "artist string" of the song. This has been "abused" to make other artists not appear in the artist string, which isn't completely wrong, but there might be more correct ways to work around that.
- On the song entry page, support artists are shown in parenthesis, and after all the other artists.
- Albums or songs where the artist has support status never appear on the first tab of artist's entry page, under recent or popular albums.
- These songs do not appear in the "Recent songs / PVs" section on the artist's main page, but do appear in the "All songs" tab.
When an artist participates as a band/unit with others under one name, the song in question should not be counted as a solo work, but rather, a collaboration.song types.
Very often artists themselves upload their songs to NND, and sometimes to Youtube/SoundCloud as well, in which case these uploads are called "original". Original uploads, if available, are highly preferred to any others.
If a PV made for a song is remarkable or well-known in some way, you're encouraged to create a separate entry for that PV and link it to the original song.
- Original - the first video with that song, usually uploaded by artist themselves. There may be multiple Original videos if all are uploaded by the artist.
- Reprint - should be identical to "Original"; most often it's a YouTube reprint of original NND video, uploaded by someone else than the artist.
- Other - any following PV with animation, translated subtitles, etc. May be much better known than original one. Note that the audio should still be the same as the original.
- The song has at least one name whose language option isn't "Unspecified."
- The song has at least one artist (usually there should be at least one vocalist and a music producer or band/unit).
- Song type isn't "Unspecified."