VocaDB editing FAQ
- 1. Are songs with human vocals allowed on VocaDB?
- 2. Are instrumental songs allowed on VocaDB?
- 3. If a Vocaloid song was released simultaneously with a human vocals version, which one is the original?
- 4. I think that the song is using an append (or other version than indicated), but can't confirm. Which voicebank should I use?
- 5. Are work in progress versions of songs allowed on VocaDB?
- 6. If an album was released as multiple editions (such as regular/limited), is there need to create separate entries?
- The song was published together on an album with Vocaloid (or UTAU) songs.
- The song has multiple Vocaloid covers (at least 5, by different artists) on VocaDB, and it's not already on UtaiteDB.
Rationale: so far this hasn't been a problem, and we don't have a partner site for cataloguing these instrumental songs.
If a Vocaloid song was released simultaneously with a human vocals version, which one is the original?On VocaDB we give preference to the Vocaloid version, unless the artist clearly indicated that the version with human vocals should be original.
I think that the song is using an append (or other version than indicated), but can't confirm. Which voicebank should I use?In general you should use the voicebank indicated by the artist. If you have a strong reason to believe that the voicebank is an append or other variation, such as Vocaloid 3 upgrade of the voicebank, you can use that knowledge to use that voicebank instead, but please mention that in the edit notes, song notes or comments.
Rationale: all information on VocaDB should be verifiable, meaning there's a clear way to confirm it by checking the official source.
See this blog post for more information.
Work in progress (WIP) songs should not be added on VocaDB, except in special cases. Demo songs for upcoming voicebanks are allowed even if they're not complete, but avoid adding too many of them. All songs on VocaDB should either be publicly available for streaming, or published on an album.
It's ok to add an entry for a song that isn't released yet if you know when and where it will be released. In this case, input the planned release date and mention in the song notes where the song will be released.
If an album was released as multiple editions (such as regular/limited), is there need to create separate entries?Generally no, unless the tracklists are different or the editions were released at different times. Additional discs, different cover and catalog number are allowed without the need to create separate entry.
However, the differences between different editions (especially additional discs) should be clearly mentioned in the album description.
For album entries with multiple editions, apply the multiple editions tag.
Rationale: albums with multiple editions are more of a rule than exception, and splitting the editions into multiple entries provides little additional value.